Provigil is a drug that can be taken to promote wakefulness in a person. This medication is approved to be taken by patients those who are suffering from excessive sleepiness that is caused due to narcolepsy, shift-work sleep disorder or sleep apnea. It is a prescription only medication and it is also available under the generic version Modafinil. The biological half-life of this drug is fifteen hours. People are suggested to opt for renowned online pharmacies to buy cheap Provigil online without much difficulty.
How do Provigil works?
When Provigil medication is taken, it alters the imbalanced natural chemicals that are present in the central nervous system. These are one of the reasons why people are not able to sleep properly. When the imbalanced ones are altered to the balanced one, the patients would get a relaxation feel which would automatically trigger good sleep in a person.
How to take Provigil medication?
Provigil medication has to be taken at appropriate dosage strength. In general, it won’t be prescribed to be taken more than 12 weeks of time. A pill can be taken with or without food early in the morning or it should be taken before starting work.
Never take the pills with higher dosage strengths for a longer period of time as this drug possesses habit forming nature. This is why it is important not to share the pills with anyone especially with a person who already has a history of drug abuse or addiction. The patients can also read the leaflet that is attached with the medication to get more details.
Provigil dosage strength
- Adult dosage strength for Narcolepsy
General dosage strength would be 200mg and it should be taken in the morning.
- Adult dosage strength for Obstructive sleep Apnea
The patients would be prescribed to take a 200mg dose every day in the morning.
- Adult dosage strength for shift work sleep disorder
A pill of Provigil should be taken an hour prior to commencing the work. 200mg would be the instructed dosage strength.
What should you do if you miss a dose?
If the time is close to sleeping hours then avoid taking the missed dose. When you do this, it would make you stay awake and it would not be possible for you to sleep at night. Never combine the medications to cope up with the missed dose. Consult with a doctor to find out on what to do if you missed a dose.
What should you do in case of Provigil overdose?
Seek medical help as soon as possible in case of a Provigil overdose without any delay.
Precautions to be taken when taking Provigil medication
- You should not consume alcohol while on taking this medication.
- It is important to find out whether you are allergic to the active ingredient in the medication or not.
- The patients have to take the tablet as a whole without altering it like crushing, breaking or snorting it.
- Consult with the healthcare professional regarding your current and history of medical ailments like kidney disease, high blood pressure, any mental disorder, angina or liver problem.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing a baby should not take Provigil pills as it would cause damage to the fetus or the child.
- It is essential to avoid pregnancy during the treatment so ask the doctor about effective birth control measures. The pills, implants, and injections for pregnancy prevention would not be effective while taking the pills.
- Only when a person is above 17 years of age, it is safe to take this medication.
When it is taken, a patient may suffer from minor or major ill effects. This would vary from one person to another.
Major side effects:
- chest pain
- clumsiness or unsteadiness
- increased urination
- memory problems
- frequent thirstiness
- mood swings
- trembling or shaking
- Increase in blood pressure
Minor side effects:
- Decrease in hunger
- Dry mouth
- Sour stomach
- Dryness in the skin
Drug interactions with Provigil
Some of the drugs that would interact with this wakefulness promoting agent are listed below. To be on the safer side, it is important to tell the medical specialist about all the drugs that you are taking.
Drug interactions should be avoided because it would change the way that the drug works as well as increases the possibilities of getting affected by ill effects. Be aware when you are taking other drugs while on Provigil treatment like methamphetamine, bosutinib, axitinib, asunaprevir, ombitasvir, ritonavir, paritaprevir, cough medications and diet pills.
Do not consume too much of coffee, chocolates or other products that contain caffeine in it. This would increase the side effects in the body.
How to store Provigil pills?
Keep the blister pack in a container and keep it in a secure place. Do not store it in the bathroom or kitchen. The pills should not be exposed to too much heat, light, and moisture. Store as mentioned in the leaflet.